Organizations are flocking to Apache Hadoop. The technology offers organizations the ability to store and analyze massive amounts of data in a distributed environment. But one significant roadblock is the cost of storage. Until now…
Hadoop Hosting from Bit Refinery offers a dedicated, low-cost hosting solution. You now have the ability to store and analyze huge amounts of data with in-depth querying capabilities without the need to purchase expensive, massively parallel computing (MPC) appliances. It comes with a complete set of features such as fully dedicated servers, private high-speed network and full console control.
With Hadoop Hosting, the more “nodes” you add, the faster the results and the safer your data is because each file is broken up into “blocks” and replicated among different nodes. So, you get low cost storage that’s replicated and allows for unlimited querying capabilities. Now that’s powerful.
- Zero upfront capital costs
- Secure data transfers into the cloud at 500 GB/day over enterprise WAN connections
- Pair with VMware© environment to create a highly available cluster
- Type II SSAE 16 data center
- Private network
- HIPAA compliant
- Data shuttle services available
- Process and analyze vast amounts of data. The hosted service reduces IT CAPEX with no hardware to purchase
- Combine Hadoop Hosting with Bit Refinery’s Enterprise VMware© environment for true high availability
- Install any variation of Hadoop
Who Needs Hadoop Hosting?
- Companies and government agencies wanting to try out Hadoop technology without having to purchase their own equipment
- Enterprise software sales organizations for use with customer proof of concepts and internal development/R&D
- Small-to-enterprise sized businesses with large amounts of data that want to launch their own data analytics projects
How It Works
Hadoop Hosting uses the Dell C series line of servers. Each server contains 4 “nodes” with the following configuration:
- Dell C Series Dedicated Server (Bare Metal, no virtualization)
- Dual, Quad Core CPUs
- 24GB RAM
- 3, 1TB Enterprise Grade SATA Hard Drives (JBOD)
- Redundant 1GB Ethernet Connectivity
- Full console control via KVM over IP with Media Connectivity
Pricing per node – $300/month*
*Based on a one year commitment – per month pricing also available
(Custom configurations are also available)
The following graphic illustrates a typical implementation using traditional physical servers for Hadoop nodes while relying on the redundancy of virtual servers powered by VMware©. Read more about the benefits of combining Hadoop with VMware© here.
It’s That Simple
You install, administer and maintain any flavor of Hadoop. Combine our enterprise VMware© cloud with a Hadoop cluster and you have a resilient, high-performing computing cluster ready to work with your big data applications.
Contact us to find out how Hadoop Hosting is a perfect fit for your organization.
Here is a video of an 8-node Cloudera install on Bit Refinery’s Hadoop Hosting Service using Cobbler:
( Tip, go to full screen at 720p under settings )